21 August 2015

Lost & Found: a guest book

OMG
A "Guest Book" from university days, that followed me from Winnipeg to Thunder Bay to Toronto. 

Bought for fun when my brother and I shared an apartment and a car to get back and forth. 
Who on earth were some of these drunks people?
Do people still do guest books?
Selected abstruse comments, their meaning obscured by the beer scotch years.

In Winnipeg:
"I am the still turning point in the Anglican crisis."
"There is no fate that cannot be surmounted by scorn."
"Garbage à la pointe arretée et pivotée, vive l'existence."
"Friend of the turning point."
" ♫ Life presents a dismal picture ..."

In Thunder Bay (much illegible script):
"Who hid my bottle?"
"Wider sidewalks please."
"Phone those buggers, B - my coat!"
"Great boola boola time!"

In Toronto:
"From i phelta thi."
"More beer."
"Have you got five dollars?"
" ♪ Life presents a dismal picture ..."
"I just don't know if I'm impressed or not."


And hidden in the middle, this:

♫ Those were the days my friend, we thought they'd never end ... ♪

No comments:

Post a Comment